The nationwide coronavirus-induced lockdown was extended for two more weeks on Sunday after the Union home ministry announced the measures will continue till the end of May.
This is the fourth extension of the lockdown ever since Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the shut down of the entire country for 21 days on March 25.
The following activities shall continue to remain prohibited:
- The movement of individuals will remain strictly prohibited between 7 pm and 7 am, except for essential activities.
- All domestic and international air travel of passengers, except for domestic medical services, domestic air ambulances and for security purposes or purposes as permitted by MHA will not operate.
- All metro rail services will remain suspended.
- School, colleges, educational/training/coaching institutions etc, will remain closed.
- Hotels, restaurant and other hospitality services shall remain suspended.
- All cinema halls, shopping malls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places will remain closed.
- All social/political/sports/entertainment/academic/cultural/religious functions/other gahterings and large congregations will not be allowed.
- All religious places/places of worship shall be closed for public. Religious congregations are strictly prohibited.
The following activities will be allowed:
- Hospitality services meant for housing health/police/government officials/healthcare workers/stranded persons including tourists for quarantine facilities shall be operational.
- Canteens at the bus depot, railway stations and airports will also be operational.
- Restaurants will be permitted to operate kitchens for home delivery of food items.
- Sports complexes and stadia will be permitted to open; however, spectators will not be allowed.
- Online distance learning shall continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged.
- Inter-state movement of passenger vehicles and buses, with mutual consent of states(s) and UT(s) involved, except in containment zones.
- Inter-state movement of passenger vehicles and buses, as decided by the states and UT(s), except in containment zones.
- All states/UTs shall allow inter-state and intra-state movement of medical professionals, nurses and para-medical staff, sanitation personnel and ambulances without any restrictions.
- All states/UTs shall allow inter-state movement of all types of goods/cargos, including empty trucks.
- All other activities will be allowed, except those which are specifically prohibited.
Home Health Solutions by Evexius brings you unique a Home Sanitation Solution that is a Safe, Measured, Sterile, Food Safe, Anti-Microbial Service that eliminates BACTERIA, VIRUSES, PROTOZOA and FUNGI activity, formation and mutation scientifically.